Saturday, July 26, 2014

Weekend camping at Milo McIver State Park...sound familiar?

 
 
We spent last weekend camping with other families from my mom's group (for families that have children with special needs).  It was a great experience.  Milo McIver was the site chosen for the campout and just happens to be where I first became a seasonal park ranger in 1998 and then returned to work and live in the residence in 2002.  It is also where Ryan and I got married in Shelter D.  It was fun to spend the weekend there with the kids and friends who "get" what our life is really like.
 
 
Sam checks out the Chinook salmon at the Clackamas River Fish Hatchery

An actual (but frozen) salmon the kids got up close with.  Ella stuck her hand in its mouth and tried to wiggle a tooth loose.  Ewww....

It is SO nice to be with other people who get our life.  Three great dads who STILL hike with their 4 year old boys this way.

Ella's new buddy Milayna, whose little bro is pictured with Sam above.  They had so much fun together and I love how easily Ella makes friends. 

Ella getting her Junior Ranger badge from Ranger Andrew.  This guy is doing my old job from 1998.  I have to admit I was pretty nostalgic! 

No comments: